Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Obesity & traveling..

Embarrassing to admit but thats the point of this blog.

Traveling while fat is not fun. You dread the seats and the seat belts. I'll never forget my 1st flight as an "obese" adult 3 years ago. I got on the flight and was too fat to buckle the seat belt. I thought it was just a mistake. In my head I rationalized it as the plane was older & the seatbelts were just small. Too embarrassed to say anything, I just left the seatbelt off. The seats were a little snug and it made the flight uncomfortable. You may be a person who has experienced this or do now. It sucks. Simply put.

I'll never forget one of my first flights after my initial big weight loss chunk. I could buckle the seatbelt normal and have some room left to tighten it. Its a sense of accomplishment and "normalcy" to a degree.

Anyways, I write this as I'm in the air now. Heading to visit our Indiana office. Little things like this just remind me of my past life and never wanting to go back. Sitting comfortably in my seat now, drinking water and doing work. Just little things like that make me motivated to keep pushing.

You may think its too hard and its not worth it. Please, those medical bills aren't going to pay themselves. Get yourself and your mind right. Nothing in life is easy so light the fire under your ass because at the end of the day, you are the only one that an make a change :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment